Hello and happy weekend Red Earth Brewers! Here is your semi-regular update on Red Earth Brewers and the OK beer scene.
1. Don’t forget about next week’s club meeting. Thursday, the 19th, at 7:00 PM. The theme this month is Scottish and Irish Ales (BJCP #9), so there should be some great beers. Even better, grillmaster extraordinaire Brandon Jones and his lovely wife Julie have invited us to have the meeting at their place and he’ll break out the smoker for us. So come prepared for some great beer and barbecue. Please bring your own lawn chair and maybe a side dish or dessert to share. Brandon and Julie live at 220 N. Lakeside Terrace in Mustang (just off of Highway 152 between County Line and Morgan). Here is a map to their place. http://binged.it/HDwwwz
2. If you haven’t paid your 2012 dues yet, be sure to bring your money to this week’s meeting. $15 will pay you up for the rest of the year. Where else can you get so much good beer year round for such a bargain price?
3. We’ve had several requests for club t-shirts, so I just wanted to see how many would be interested. We’ve got several great graphic designers in our midst, so I’m sure we could put together something pretty cool. Anyway, I’ve created a survey just to see how many people would be interested in ordering a t-shirt if we get some made up. Please click the link below to let us know your level of interest. (Even if you’re not interested, please click it anyway just so we know whether or not it’s something we should pursue.) http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F9RQ9VQ
4. Choc Brewery in Krebs recently opened a new taproom and is giving tours on the first Saturday of each month. I talked to the guys down there, and they say they can accommodate 30 or so people at a time. So we wanted to see who might be interested in joining us in a Red Earth Road Trip to Krebs for the Choc Brewery tour, some taproom beer and maybe lunch at Pete’s Place. Please take the survey (same one as above) and there is a question to see who might be interested. Be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you if/when the trip is going to happen. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F9RQ9VQ
5. Saturday, May 5 is the American Homebrewers Association “Big Brew Day”, which is a chance to celebrate homebrewing with friends. Wes will be hosting anyone who wants to brew at his house, and I believe The Brew Shop is doing an all-grain class that day as well. If you are planning to brew that day and are willing to join with some fellow brewers, let us know and we’ll help spread the word.
6. Upcoming beer events:Beer Sprocket: Due to tomorrow’s impending tornadoes of doom, Old Germany’s Beer Sprocket event that was scheduled for tomorrow has been postponed to May 12.
7. The Brew Shop still has a handful of Hallertau hops rhizomes for sale. So if you’re interested in growing your own hops, give Gail a call or swing by the store.
8. The weather this weekend is supposed to be pretty crazy. So everyone stay safe and be sure you have plenty of homebrew on hand tomorrow night for The Gary England Drinking Game.
Have a good weekend!